Prepare for the Heat
The Texas summer heat can be almost unbearable at times. Sometimes the only way to beat the heat is to sit indoors and wait it out. You might have the air conditioner (AC) running and have the large bill every month to prove it, but, despite this, is your house not cool enough?
The air conditioner is one of the most important pieces of a home. It could be argued that an effective air conditioner is just as important as have lighting and electricity, as it allows the whole family to live in comfort. But, if being at home feels more like baking in an oven, it might be time for a check-up.
If your air conditioner doesn’t seem to be running up to your standards, there could be a few reasons why:
AC Repair Garland Benefits of a Properly Working Air Conditioner
- Leaking Refrigerant.
- If your air conditioner is running low on refrigerant due to a leak, it will need to be repaired.
- Electronic Control Problems.
- An air conditioner’s fan controls and compressors can be worn down from every-day wear and tear and efficiency can be reduced by electrical system corrosion.
- Thermostat Sensor Problems
- Air conditioners use evaporative coils to sense the temperature of the air and, if the sensor malfunctions, the AC cannot function at peak efficiency.
- Drainage Problems
- Especially common in high humidity, when the AC’s drain becomes clogged from condensation, the blockage can cause decreased performance and severe problems in the future.
- Dirt Buildup and Maintenance Issues
- Air conditioners build up dirt and grime inside and need to be cleaned to retain full efficiency. The top-notch service providers at AC Repair Garland recommend cleaning your AC every six months.
- Issues Needing AC Replacement
- If your air conditioner is noisy or is over ten years old, it may need to be replaced. Replacement may also be necessary if maintenance is repeatedly needed.
Not only will a fully functioning air conditioner make your house cooler and more comfortable, but it can also save you money on your monthly electric bill. Heating and air conditioning costs make up nearly half of your average electric costs; however, with proper maintenance or the installation of a new unit, this cost can be cut in half.
Although the cost of a professional maintenance and cleaning appointment generally costs between $70 and $110, this cost once every six months can save you much more on your monthly bill and prolong the life of your air conditioning unit.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Is your electric bill unusually high? Is your house not cool enough despite running the air conditioner? If you think it is time for a routine check-up or that your air conditioner needs to be replaced, visit ACRepair-Garland.com or call (469) 229-7740 to set up an appointment with the most trusted service provider in the Dallas area.