What is Involved in an Air Conditioning Tune-Up Service in Garland, TX?
Maintaining and tuning up your air conditioner unit can be quite a complicated task, especially if you don’t know anything about how the appliance’s system works. You might end up damaging the unit and causing more harm than good. With this, hiring an air conditioning tune-up service in Garland, TX is a must.
But what does a regular tune-up entail? Read on.
- Make that thorough and meticulous cleaning. This particular task involves getting rid of the dirt in the condenser coils to increase power and efficiency of the unit. A clean coil not only keeps your AC unit in good condition, but it also saves hundreds of dollars on your energy bills.
- Inspecting wirings, ductwork, and other spare parts. This involves tightening lose wiring connections to secure your safety as well as reinforce the unit’s functionality.
- Assessing the blower motor, blower belt, and coolant. If these parts are in good condition, it will also provide significant advantage to your electric bill.
- Monitoring compressor. This is the part that converts gas to liquid and then repeats the cycle. The compressor is the heart and soul of the air conditioning unit. Without it, this item is of no use.
- Checking proper air return and temperature. If your air conditioner is not producing the desired temperature, there must be wrong with the unit. Air conditioning tune-up service in Garland, TX can determine what could be causing this problem.
- Searching for signs of leakage. No, this is not the leakage you see at the back of your AC unit. We are talking about pooling caused by several reasons such as a dirty filter, improper installation, blocked drain hole, broken pump, air leakage, and damaged condensate-line. Pooling can greatly damage your air conditioning unit and put so much money on your energy cost. Thus, it is important to hire air conditioning tune-up service in Garland, TX to have this checked.
- Check safety devices. This is done to see if all parts are properly installed or not.
Your HVAC Systems uses 50% of your monthly energy costs
Did you know that most of the break downs that are making up your electric bill is due to your heating and cooling system? You might think that hiring the pros is expensive, but no. If you’re not going to have your air conditioner checked every now and then, it will cost you more than calling the experts. Typically, a professional costs around $70 to $110 per service. Compare that to your energy bill while using an unchecked HVAC unit.
Fortunately, there are several ways to cut down your cost in half simply by doing a regular air conditioning tune-up, especially when the maintenance is done by the pros. A regular tune-up will also keep your air conditioning unit longer.
If you are looking for a reputable AC service provider in Garland, TX, AC Repair-Garland is the best option. We have been servicing home and business owners in Garland, Dallas, Frisco, Richardson, and Plano for over 20 years.